Founded in 1959 by Mary M. Gooley with the help of the Rochester Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF), the Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center, located in Rochester, New York, has been serving people who suffer from bleeding and blood-related disorders for over 50 years. Our Center was one of the first chartered NHF chapters and the first free-standing comprehensive care clinic in the nation (the Chapter was established first and it created the treatment center). We are one of very few combined chapters / treatment centers in the country.
We pride ourselves on providing first-class education, treatment, advocacy, research and supportive programs to individuals and families affected by various inherited diseases, including disorders related to homeostasis (blood clotting) and iron overload.
EXPERTISE - QUALITY - VALUE - SUPPORT
These are several of the underlying principles guiding our actions. We constantly strive to enhance independence of people we serve through self-care management and to thereby improve the quality of life for them and their families. Using a multidisciplinary comprehensive care treatment model, we are able to provide a broad range of services to patients including preventive care, thereby reducing long-term complications and costs to the medical community. Staffed by a select team of highly-trained professionals, the Center provides patients with the education and skills necessary to manage their condition, lessen their fears and live active and productive lives.
Services We Provide
- Accurate, specialized diagnostic testing
- Expert medical evaluation and treatment
- Personal counseling and support groups
- Home care treatment training
- Routine and urgent care
- Coordination of hospital services and services by other providers
- Education of school and daycare personnel
- Referrals to appropriate human service agencies
- Community education and advocacy
- In-service education for medical professionals
- Research to advance knowledge, improve treatment and enhance quality of life
Equally important to what services we provide is how we provide them. We strive to treat people in a competent, kind, empathetic and caring way - we go the extra mile to educate, train, treat and counsel them.